Friday, December 4, 2009

I can't believe I did this. When I was 22, I was watching a lot of Dynasty (old t.v. soap opera

I liked Alexis and the way she was so bold. My dad has his boss over for dinner one night and I came on to him at the dinner table!!! He was not interested in me at all, and after dinner, got a headache and went home. My parents never spoke about this event, even the next day.



I am so embarrassed about this. I am now 47 and when I think about this event, I cringe.



I was a very immature person, didn't really grow up until I was in my 30's. At 22, I had the mentality of a 12 yr old.



When I think back on the things I did, and how I acted, I really get embarrassed and don't want to leave the house.



I know this was a long time ago, but has anyone else out there have any regrets like this?



I can't believe I did this. When I was 22, I was watching a lot of Dynasty (old t.v. soap opera).?dream theater



I did pretty much the same thing when I was the same age to a married guy who was friendly with me at work...... He did the same thing- acted like it never happened. I actually get sick to my stomach and get a acid taste in my mouth when I think about this poor man- I threw myself at- at work!!



And I am just like you.... I think they same- Like I don't want to leave the house or talk to people. It's really weird though because I'll forget all about it and then it will hit me again and they make me shudder. I have done soo many stupid things when I was 22-24- I would be ashame to tell you them all! I guess that's why they say- Live and learn.... and them move to a different state!! LOL



I can't believe I did this. When I was 22, I was watching a lot of Dynasty (old t.v. soap opera).?performing arts opera theater



Not like that, but I've had regrets..
everyone has regrets. it's like the italians say .... forget about it.
Memories, regrets and fears. When they arise unexpectedly I do what a friend once advised: look at it, examine it, then put it back up on the shelf.
I did some stupid and embarrassing things when I was young. And they still embarrass me if I think back to those days. All you can do it look forward, not back. You cannot change what has already happened and sometimes its best not to even think about it.
Don't sweat it. The guy probably looks back on it as a highlight of his life now lol



We all make mistakes. As long as you learn from them, there is absolutely no reason to be embarassed. : )
dont worry a lot of people are like that you are just trying new things to fit your style and it happend to me too just dont think as it much of a big deal you are just regular person loads of people do it just carm ok
We all do things that we are sorry for.



You cannot undo the past and you cannot beat a ghost.



Just chalk it up to a bad decision made and move on with your better, smarter life
Absolutely, but I'm not going to dredge up the specifics right now; I already feel horrible about my current problems. At least this sounds like something you might be able to at least get up a sheepish grin for, even if you aren't able to laugh about it. After I have shared some of the things I've done with my husband, he's been able to make me laugh about them, because they were kind of funny, and had no lasting damage to others. BTW, I'm glad to hear somebody else matured at the rate I did! Hope you feel better.
Yes. Someone I dated twice in college gave me a beautiful necklace and told me how much he liked me, was falling in love with me. I was leaving for graduate school across the country in a month, and his sincerity and the fact that I barely knew him scared me off. I was stunned silent when he gave me the necklace, so I just took it to be polite. I should have returned it right then, or before I left, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I know how to return it or refuse it without hurting his feelings, and he was a nice guy. I still have the necklace, it has been 15 years. I feel guilty every time I see it, and I don't know what to do with it. I am waiting for my nieces to get older so I can give it to them, I guess. I regret not being more assertive, I guess.
Everyone has regrets. The key to success in life is to learn from our mistakes, let the memories go, and not repeat such examples of poor judgement. Life moves on, and so should you. Quit living in the past and start living in the current moment. When we spend so much energy agonizing over things we cannot change, it stops us from fully appreciating the beauty of each day's experiences. Life is good! Give yourself permission to enjoy it!!! Good luck and God bless!!!!
what? Get over it! We've all done stupid things we now find impossible to justify! You were 22!
Ah, we all have regrets...it'd be very boring if everyone lived a perfect life.



That guy probably had a chuckle about it. Move on with your life and forget about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites