Friday, December 4, 2009

A church by my house has a sign that says "REVIVAL EVERY NIGHT 7:00 PM"?

I'm just wondering how they can have a revival every night if the definition of revival is



re路viv路al [ ri v?v'l ] (plural re路viv路als)



noun



Definition:



1. renewal of interest: a renewal of interest in something that results in its becoming popular once more



2. new production: a new production of a play or opera that has not been performed recently



3. process of reviving somebody: the process of bringing somebody back to life, consciousness, or full strength



4. recovery: the recovering of life, consciousness, or full strength



5. religion renewed religious interest: a new interest in religion, or the reawakening of such interest



if they never let interest wane, how can it be renewed. It just seems kind of silly to me.



A church by my house has a sign that says "REVIVAL EVERY NIGHT 7:00 PM"?city opera



Outside of a Service Station ( Gas Station), there is a Sign which is Changed Every Week or so with a sale message, and a Biblical Message below it.



One Week, Driving past, I saw that the Writing was Just The Biblical Message Said " GOD SEES ALL: BRING BACK THE MISSING LETTERS !!! "



Only Vowels, mostly, had been taken... :-)



A church by my house has a sign that says "REVIVAL EVERY NIGHT 7:00 PM"?performing shows opera theater



Maybe they are in the middle of a move of God and when its over they will change the sign. When not go check it out. If its dull and boring, its false advertising.
Every night there is a chance for someone to walk in and experience revival. The leaders there have already experienced it and are leading others in it.
I love the Lord. So I understand that my faith, love, interest, and consciousness can be revived daily. I can be renewed by even the smallest things - the beautiful sky, a child's laughter or innocence, a catchy tune, anything. I see God in all things and I am always impressed the way He reveals His presence.



Also, they may be having a Revival - when typically runs over the course of several consecutive days at the same time. You may notice the sign come down in a week or so...
The weight of the world beats on even the unbeliever from time to time. We need to be recharged and reanimated if you will by refreshing ourselves with the truth. Now I agree with you that you shouldn't need it so often! I believe the reason is because over the centuries the mysteries of God have been lost and the teachings of man have "watered down" the message and the growth-process of "living like Christ". Their leaders cannot take them beyond their own stagnant religion. So the batteries need frequent recharging. Thanks!
I don't know check it out this evening and you can tell us about it tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites