Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hey Chicago people, I have a visitor question?

I want to visit the city around early November and want to see Buckingham fountain at night but I'm not sure if the fountain is open around that time of year. Is it, and if so is it very pleasant or worth seeing this late in the calendar? Also, what鈥檚 the best way to get around the city in one day? I will be visiting the Opera house, the Sears Tower, and I hope the fountain. Wasn't for sure what the best way to move around was.



Hey Chicago people, I have a visitor question?headache



Sorry about the fountain...it will not be on in November. It will probably be pretty cold by then.



If you want to get around the city, buy an all-day pass from the CTA (Chicago Transportation Authority). It's like $5 and you can use it for 24hrs. Then walk where you need to go. Make sure you dress warm and in layers. Take a map of the L and of Chicago...believe me, Chicago is one of the easiest cities to naviagate. Plus, us Chicagoans are nice and always happy to point you in the right direction!!



Hey Chicago people, I have a visitor question?paramount theater opera theater



The fountain is usually closed by October 1st. Last year the weather was nice, so they kept it open a little longer.



But pretty much by November, it's done.



Best way to get around the city in one day is by cab. If you knew your way around, I'd suggest the el or bus, but since you're visiting, go with the cab.
I've lived in Chicago off and on my whole life and i've never seen the fountain at night, but it IS beautiful. So is the Sears Tower, and i LOVE LOVE the pier.



Best way to get around the city, i would choose a car, but the subway is good too. Less Hassle.
Yeah, it closes in October usually, and when I'm downtown I walk or take the L.
The fountain is closed in November. Try coming to Chicago in July or August. The view and weather is much nicer, and it's more to see and do. Take CTA. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than a cab or car. The cab fares and parking prices are ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites